Friday, October 26, 2007

So no more gallbladder for me!

After over a month of random gallstone attacks (6 I can remember clearly, could have been more) that ranged from extremely painful (full on with throwing up nasty nasty stuff) to a milder back pain I finally had surgery. It wasn't easy, I had to wait days in Brigham & Women's Hospital with no food or drink just to be told I'd be sent home and would have the surgery in 10 days. Um, no. I fought, had tears and in the end had surgery on Saturday (Oct 20th) and was released the following afternoon after a rough and sick night. I went to the ER Thursday (Oct 18th) around noontime from work... notice that being over two full days of waiting!

I couldn't wait to get home and see my little boy. I missed Cameron terribly. I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to go on a vacation again, I can't stand the thought of not seeing him for several days. Every parent says it will become easy at one point, I guess I'm not quite there yet. Though I can certainly use a bit of a fun break right now.

Wish me luck in the Ladies Tournament. I really want to do very well in this one.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you are feeling better. Good for you for sticking up for what you want with your health/body! Good luck with your tournament.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home