Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Long holiday weekend over...

Before I start I must say that Cameron is 11 months old today - my little baby is becoming a little boy more and more each day.

A pic from our trip to the park yesterday:



So the long weekend is over. Harrumph.

The good:

- We had 3 days of beautiful weather
- Cameron was really good & I got to spend a lot of quality time with him
- Craig was able to have some fun and play a round of golf with Shea
- We got our laundry done
- I spent some time going thru a few closets in order to identify yard sale items, purge unnecessary stuff and reorganize the closets


The bad:

- Dad spent the weekend in the hospital... he went in with chest pains early Saturday morning and after all the heart tests came back negative they identified fluid in his lungs and said he has pneumonia... he was discharged yesterday (Monday) afternoon... he is feeling better
- Craig and I didn't have any fun (i.e. poker or the such) time at all... with it being a long weekend at least once would have been nice :(
- I looked in a window (which as you know with the right reflection acts as a mirror) while out walking around Derby Shoppes and since have felt like Mama Moose and been in a horrible funk


Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

5 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had a nice time with your family! I'm so glad that dad is ok. That is very stressful stuff.
And, you don't look like mama moose although I understand the funk. My clothes keep getting increasingly tight...not fun.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cameron is certainly growing up very fast! I can't believe he is going to be a year old next month!

I am convinced that store windows are the devil! They are just like those annoying fun house mirrors! I feel the same way when I walk by them too!~*~Sharon

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger AlwaysJoy said...

I am sorry that your dad was in the hospital but I am very happy they identified the problem and have him started in the right direction! Pneumonia sucks!
And you have lost 13(!) pounds you can't help but feel great about that! pshaw on store windows...

(((HUGS)))

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, he is getting big. I'm sorry you didn't get to play poker, but glad you got to spend some time with Craig and Cameron. Don't stress too much about the store window. My sister has a mirror that I always think makes me look shorter (how is that possible?!) and fatter. Find a mirror you like and look in that one to feel better.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this - I am so sorry your dad was in the hospital - but I am so glad he is feeling better now!

That pic of Cameron is TOO adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home